Grape variety: Chardonnay
Exposure: South - East
Age of the vineyard: 20 - 40 years
Geology: Kimmeridgian limeston
Wine-making process: Traditional in temperature controlled tanks
Maturing: in temperature controlled tanks
Ageing: from 5-10 years or more depending on vintage
Food and wine combinations
- Fresh or baked oyster
- Small grey shrimps and prawns
- Sauteed and flambed langoustines
- John Dory cooked in chervil butter
- Devilled freshwater crayfish
- Trout baked in foil with Chablis
- Grilled andouillettes with old-fashioned mustard
- Pigs trotters terrine
- Escalope of fresh foie-gras
- farmyard chicken steamed in Chablis
- Fondue made with Epoisses cheese and flavoured with Marc de Bourgogne
- Matured cheese
- Petits fours
- Warm, caramelized fruit tart…
Pale gold with greenish glints. Bright, luminous and limpid.
is rich and ripe, firstly full of flowers then going on to reveal its fruity aromas with sweet, suave scents.
is very powerful with a pronounced minerally character that enhances the fruit and fine vegetal flavours. Its mellowness harmonizes perfectly with its vivacity on a solid structure that illustrates perfectly the special nature of the wine.
10 to 12° as an aperitif or for the pleasure of tasting,
12 to 14° served with a meal.